martes, 9 de diciembre de 2008

SLEEP



The evening hangs beneath the moon,
A silver thread on darkened dune.
With closing eyes and resting head
I know that sleep is coming soon.
Upon my pillow safe in bed,

A thousand pictures fill my head,
I cannot sleep, my mind’s a flight;
And yet my limbs seem made of lead.
If there are noises in the night,

A frightening shadow, flickering light;
Then I surrender unto sleep,
Where clouds of dream give second sight.
What dreams may come, both dark and deep,

Of flying wings and soaring leap
As I surrender unto sleep,
As I surrender unto sleep,
As I surrender unto sleep.
Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep.

El poema es de Charles Anthony Silvestri y la música fue compuesta por Eric Whitacre.
Obra para bajo, barítono, tenor, contralto, soprano segunda y soprano primera.





NOTA: Cantamos esta bella canción en el VI Encuentro Nacional de Jóvenes Coreutas en el año 2005, bajo la dirección de Néstor Zadoff, director del Coro Nacional de Jóvenes (CONAJO).


No hay comentarios: